Saturday, October 26, 2013

Carson-isms

I think I might have mentioned on this blog a time or two that Carson has a unique sense of humor and way of looking at the world. Here are a couple of examples from this week:

On seeing the newest little Whiting's picture posted on Facebook (the picture was taken right after little Julie was born & was on the scale)...
-Carson: Why do newborn babies all look like those babies that they pull out of pots in the Harry Potter movie?
-Me: You mean mandrakes?
-Carson: Yeah, mandrakes. Why do all newborn babies look like mandrakes?


On Monday of this week he shared that he had met a girl who had just moved to our area from North Carolina. He has a thing about girls with Southern accents so he was in heaven when he met her and heard her talk. We thought maybe he would ask her to go to the football game with him, but he said he didn't really her know her very well. So last night as he was leaving for the football game Dave and I were asking about her again. Here is a snippet of the conversation:
-Dave: She would probably be the only girl that you would actually call.
-Carson: Yeah, no texting her. I just like hearing her talk.
-Some filler conversation I can't remember.
-Carson as he is walking out the door: But I don't think she is that cute. Man I hope she can cook. (He also has a thing for good Southern red rice & ribs)


Man I'm going to miss his little quips and quirks when he goes away to college next year.

No comments: