Monday, July 22, 2013

The Horror and the Heartache

This afternoon Katelyn and  I accompanied my mom and sister-in-law to Sweet Frostings, a local cupcake bakery. My niece and nephew were so excited to pick out their very own cupcake. Oh and the bakery had the most delectable flavors to choose from. Greg knew what he wanted almost immediately; he spotted the Neapolitan cupcake right away and even after seeing all of the other flavors, Neapolitan was his undeniable choice. Charlotte took a little more time to choose her eventual choice of Red Velvet. Since Carson and Dave weren't with us, I put a great deal of thought and care into what kind of cupcake I picked for them. I took into consideration what flavors both enjoyed and pictured them savoring the cupcake I picked for them.

I was so excited to get home and give the boys their treats. Dave was on a bike ride, so that was a little disappointing since I wouldn't get to give it to him first thing. But Carson was home and I was thrilled to share this little treasure of goodness I had found for him. I had snuck a little nibble of the frosting & knew that it was to die for (I mean who wouldn't love a salted caramel frosted chocolate cupcake). So I carefully handed over this treasure and told him to enjoy my carefully chosen treat.

He expressed appropriate appreciation for the cupcake AND THEN...

He promptly went over to the garbage can and SCRAPED.THE.FROSTING.OFF.

I almost died!

He didn't even taste the frosting before he dumped it in the trash. If he had only tasted it, I'm sure he would have overcome his aversion to frosting on cupcakes (an aversion I was not aware of). After I came out of my state of shock and he saw that I was disturbed by the dumping of the frosting, he did apologize and said he would have given me the frosting if he had known I wanted it.

So lesson learned...Carson does not like frosted cupcakes so don't buy him scrumptious, to-die-for frosted cupcakes. Or just scrape off the frosting and enjoy it before giving him the now-naked cupcake.

No comments: