Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Post-anesthesia Funniness

Carson is a pretty low-key kid with a quirky sense of humor. Post-anesthesia takes him to a whole different level. For one thing, he is much more animated (and loud) in his speaking. In this family of loud-talkers, he tends to be a mumbler. Not so much after anesthesia, after waking up from anesthesia he sounds more like the other loud-talkers in our family.

He is naturally pretty funny. He has such an interesting perspective on things and comes up with some unique ways to express his observations. Post-anesthesia just ramps up his natural tendencies to funniness. An example from today:

Disgusted by the very large, very bulky dressing he has on his hand, he stated,
The doctor should treat my finger like a salad; a little dressing goes a long way and then just let the natural flavor do the work.


Talking with Carson after anesthesia also reminds me of talking to someone who has been concussed. His responses are a little slow and sometimes make you say "Huh?" because the responses are a little non-sensical (think Kramer from Seinfeld). And you have to be prepared to answer the same question several times over. That, in and of itself, is pretty funny.

Lucky us, we get to do it all over again in 8 weeks when he gets the 3 pins removed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you can't remember talking to yourself post-concussion.

What time is it?
I'm going on a band trip, did I miss the bus?
What time is it?
I'm going on a band trip, did I miss the bus?
What time is it?
I'm going on a band trip, did I miss the bus?
What time is it?
I'm going on a band trip, did I miss the bus?

Nate