Thursday, December 22, 2011

Surgery Day

Today is Carson's shoulder surgery.

Out loud I say "All will be well. This is pretty routine stuff the surgeon will be fixing today."

But if my restless sleep and dreams of last night were any indication of my inner self feelings and thoughts, it would be apparent that I am more nervous and concerned that I am conscious of.

I've been praying.

 I'll keep praying and will pray with Carson before surgery.

We are prepared for the post-op and recovery period. We are borrowing a recliner from Rich & Charlene. Rich even brought his special pillow that he used after his shoulder replacement. We're lying low for the next week or so.

I'll take Josie for a run when we get home so she'll be worn out and will leave Carson alone. The problem will come when my in-laws dogs come on Friday. They are a pretty lively crew when they are all together--Josie, Zoe and Chelogue. But I'll run Josie every day so hopefully that will help.

I'm sure all will be well. This is pretty routine stuff the surgeon is fixing today.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It's only routine to the surgeon & you hope he is excellent at his "routine" work. It's never routine when you or your child is the patient (& sometimes it's not even routine with the surgeaon - my lap chole turned out to be not-so-routine but my surgeon knew how to address that.)I'm sure all will go well but that Carson might be surprised by the "discomfort" after the procedure - THAT isn't at all "routine" for the patient!