Monday, December 12, 2011

Because It's Important

I ran across this YouTube video today on the Runner's World website. The message is about 9 minutes long, but the way it is delivered is very engaging and the message an important one.

It's amazing that just a simple 30 minute walk a day can have such a big impact on overall health. And it appears that it doesn't have to be 30 consecutive minutes. For those who work in an office behind a desk, there are other studies not presented here that demonstrate a 10 minute walk break every hour or so can increase productivity as well as improve health.

So when you see me walking the halls of the schools, I'm not off-task. I'm just trying to take care of myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not really fooling anyone, we all know you have adult onset ADHD. I kid, I kid. Come to think of it, treating someone with your caffeine toleramce with Ritalin might be very comical :).

Nate