Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Finally, Not Cold Cereal

I finally planned ahead and got a dinner prepared for tonight.

It was nothing fancy. Oven bbq'd chicken, carrot sticks, fruit.

I was so proud of myself to finally have prepared a family meal.

I think it was the first time for this school year.

But it was just Carson and me.

That seems to be how it has gone since school started, one or two somebody's are always gone for dinner.

I think that's why we usually just have cold cereal.

Heaven help us when we are empty-nesters. I won't want to be bothered at all to cook.

And eating out is too much of a bother.

Poor Dave. He better improve his culinary skills for his own benefit and survival.

He has a couple of years to figure it out.

Or be prepared to buy stock in a cold cereal company.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Why is it that whenever I know Dan wont be eating the meal my standards as to what constitutes a dinner drop considerably? Probably because he's the only one other than myself who cares.

Mom said...

That never changes - when Craig isn't going to be home, I often have ovaltine for dinner.....You kids would know your dad wasn't going to be home for dinner if we had mac & cheese, rice in a bowl, or tuna casserole. Maybe a few other things- I think it is universal.