Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm Here, Really I Am

Things have been busy.

Busier than usual it feels like.

The last two weeks, we have had something on the calendary every night. (sometimes more than one thing).

I can't even remember everything that has kept us out of the house.

If you saw our kitchen table you would know we have been busy.

Because it is covered with papers.

It only gets covered with papers when we haven't been home to eat family dinners.

We've gone through almost 12 boxes of cereal the last 2 weeks because that is our "go to" meal when things are crazy.

I want things to become less busy.

But busy is actually good.

It keeps my mind off of things like the fact that Katelyn is a senior and turning 18 in a couple of weeks.

Busy also keeps me distracted from the sadness I feel about Grandma Carol's passing.

She passed this morning. She will leave a hole that will never completely fill.

Busy helps fill the hole. But sometimes during the busy, I find myself tripping over that hole and then my eyes starting leaking because of the hurt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to be less busy right now. Three straight weeks of being at work by 7am and leaving the office at 8pm.
Sorry to hear about Grandma Carol.

Nate