Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blech, It was a Long Week

I forget how hard it is to adjust to the working full-time gig. The lazy days of summer overnight turn into a frenetic-paced long days of work. Everyone is tired, which causes crankiness. The crankiness raises the stress level of all family members and tension in the house is palpable. I know it will calm down after a couple of weeks, but for now it's "blech."

There isn't a first day of school picture because the kids didn't have to go to school until 11:15 a.m. on the first day of school; therefore, they weren't ready when I had to go to school. I missed documenting Katelyn's "last first day of school." Blech. But at least I got a "second day of school" picture. And for some reason, the picture is turning out all fuzzy when I post it to the blog. Blech.

I'm so inundated with paperwork at work that I haven't been able to see any kiddos. Blech.

Carson missed his first driver with the driving school. That cost us an additional $30. Blech.

Katelyn got to the testing center late so she couldn't take her ACT. She called to tell me that and I really snapped at her. Blech.

Worrying about Katelyn getting into college totally stresses me out. When I'm stressed, I turn into a not very nice mom. Blech.

I thought I finally found a new car to buy. The sales manager was a total jerk and kept us waiting for the numbers while he was out smoking a cigarette. Then once he found out we weren't interested in financing, he was no longer interested in negotiating selling the car. We wasted a whole afternoon. Blech.

Last night we went to the fair. But Katelyn refused to go. I was hoping that she would grant us just this one last "going to the fair as a family" tradition. But she didn't. Blech.

Today is 9/11/2011. It is the 10th anniversary of the terror attacks on the United States. And now I seem like a total jerk and whiner for blogging about how bad my week was last week. Blech.

It's got to get better next week, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there- you are right- next week has GOT to be a better week.:)
I know Katelyn causes stress for her Type AAA mom, but, remember she has had great parenting, and she will need to chart her own course from here on out... give her some room to fail while it's still relatively inconsequential.

Having a hard time adjusting to jet lag this time- woke up at 4, and could NOT go back to sleep. We love you
Dadio