Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget

We are shopping for a new car.

I don't like the process at all.

We are in a transition time, not quite ready to completely get rid
of the SUV, but also ready for something a little smaller.

I want something with the bells and whistles.

I'm ready for something with the bells and whistles.

Our finances can't quite support something with the bells and whistles.
Because we pay cash for our cars.

The SUV has been a good car, but it's starting to show its age.
We would like to replace it sooner rather than later.

Did I already mention that our cash reserves are not quite there yet?

So what are we looking for?
I have no idea!

But here are my must haves:

Somewhat practical...
(meaning cargo area for the dog & gear)
Good gas mileage
Reliable
Under 30,000 miles
Heated leather seats
Dual front power seats
Sunroof
All-wheel drive
Power liftgate
Rear back-up sensors
Sirius radio set-up
Bluetooth capability
Smokin' deal


Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

What do you have now? I would go with a cross over 2005-07. You can get those fully loaded for a pretty decent price... Honda Pilot? I loved mine!!!

Anonymous said...

You say you need a sunroof, but the one on the SUV is covered up all year and when I open it you always hate it and close it. And you say you hate cable, but now you want to pay extra for satellite radio. Sometimes mother you change your mind very drastically and have strange desires.

Carson

Anonymous said...

Our Matrix is for sale now that we bought a van. No leather seats, but it does have all-wheel drive and a sunroof for Carson.

Dan

Mom said...

The Pilot is a great suggestion. It was at the top of your Dad's list for my car - had you & I not discovered the MKT at the car show, I would most likely be driving a Pilot. Don't get hung up on the Sirius & bluetooth since those can easily be added after market. Remind Carson that those who are paying the bill get to make the choice with only minimal input form the teenage drivers-to-be.
I didn't realize that it was already time for your semi-annual car search attempt.