Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I Didn't Die, But I Was Visiting Paradise For A Bit

So March and April were great blogging months for me. I had high hopes for May--I wanted to post at least 10 times. But then there was the whole 1/2 marathon debaucle and I lost all motivation for almost everything. I didn't feel like I had anything worth blogging about because I was still frustrated about the race and I was having a hard time letting it go. But letting go has been accomplished and stepping back from the frustration allowed me to learn some valuable lessons. Some physical lessons and some spiritual lessons. Interesting.
But I'm back to blogging. Mostly because I have a whole arsenal of things to blog about. Well, at least a week's worth of activities to blog about. You see last week Dave and I visited the beautiful isle of Kauai. We were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary (a couple of months early).
While in Kauai, we blew some people away when we said that we were celebrating 20 years and that we have 2 children ages 16 and almost 14. In Kauia, we hiked and snorkeled and zip-lined and snorkeled and hiked. Oh and layed on the beach for a couple of hours one day.
In Kauai, I discovered that I have turned into my father as I came back with more "boring scenery pictures" than I really care to admit. But I have teen-agers to torture so the pictures are necessary. Plus, the pictures provide me with blogging fodder.
So be prepared to be bored out of your mind's for the next week as I relive our Kauai adventure through pictures and words.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

So glad you had a great vacation. And that you're back. After mentioning to Dan about your blogging absence for the 100th time, he told me I should call you to let you know of my distress. Turns out I just needed to be patient. Can't wait to see the boring scenery photos.

Anonymous said...

there is nothing boring about scenery