Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 2: Sea Turtle. Flying Fish! DOLPHIN!

This day we took a catamaran ride up the NaPali Coast. Honestly some of the prettiest scenery I have seen. And this day was another day when I was reminded that prayer works. I woke up that morning feeling nauseous and just waiting for the upchucking to start. I prayed all the way to the pick-up location that I would feel better. I even had Dave pray for me. We got to the boat and I was still feeling pretty queesy. I went to the front of the boat, laid back against the boat and closed my eyes. After about 20 minutes all was well. Truly an answer to prayer.
So how about some boring scenery pictures, huh? Here you go...
After we travelled up the coast for awhile, it was time for some snorkeling and lunch. A picture to prove that I did, indeed, snorkel. Here's a well-known fact about me--I am not thrilled about going in the ocean. I have an irrational fear of sharks.
Snorkeling was actually pretty fun and lunch was great for Dave. It was sandwhiches, fruit and chips so I ate a Cliff Bar and fruit. Yay me.
The return trip was quite the rodeo ride. The swells were anywhere from 5' to 6'. Here are two pictures of the ride home. Can you find a difference (besides that I am holding onto my hat in one of the pictures)? Hint: if you need a hint, leave a comment, but it does have to do with hats.

We did see some fun things on the way back, but no pictures. :-( First was the sea turtle. That was neat. Then was the flying fish. A little more exciting. And then, the dolphin! That was way cool.

We finished up the tour and drove around some of the little towns--Princeville and Hanalei. Dave bought me a yummy fish taco because my Cliff Bar and fruit didn't keep me full for very long.

We drove back to the hotel, showered, and then walked to a little strip mall near our condo. And we had Lappert's ice cream for dinner. It was an awesome day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see previous day's comment- scenery is not boring