Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 3: Cowabunga...We Zipped!

I have always wanted to zip-line, but I'm a girl with serious issues when it comes to height...vertigo so bad that one time I commando-crawled out to the edge of a cliff rather than walk out like everyone else to peek over the edge.
But this company's set-up was just right. You left from a platform that wasn't very far off the ground and then just zipped across a canyon. It was a blast! We had some pretty goofy guides that made it a requirement to take a goofy picture before you went on the last zip, hence the picture at the top of this post and this picture
Dave and I "raced" on the last zip of the day. Dave played cinematographer and videoed the last zip while we were sailing across the canyon

Did I mention that there was a waterfall that we hiked to? Yep, there was and of course Dave had to jump in.

So do you think the zipline was our last adventure of the day? Nope. We got the scoop the day before from some locals about a really good snorkeling beach, so away we went.

The beach was beautiful, not too crowded, and the snorkeling was great. So many fish. The only drawback? Well I overhead a conversation between some guys and the one said to his buddy, "Did you see the monk seal?" Buddy, "Nope." 1st guy, "Yep, first I saw the seal and then I saw the reef shark". Oh I would have been much happier not hearing that conversation--ignorance is bliss. But Dave was so proud of me even though I was done snorkeling for the day, I agreed to go back to the same beach the next day.

And now I finish this post with another scenery picture and some fish.

No comments: