Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day5: Shopping, Pretty Toes, and a Luau

Photo from Smith's Tropical Paradise,where we went for the luau
Ah, Day 5. Another laid back day. We spent the morning shopping at the little stores around our resort. We found some fun things. I came home with some beautiful prints to hang in our bedroom (I promise, Dave, I will find picture frames as soon as school gets out). I got this really cool thing for my mom and dad for Christmas. I can't wait to give it to them.
But the day wouldn't have been complete without an adventure so we found another hike, to another waterfall. Do you remember the show, Fantasy Island? And do you remember the waterfall from the opening of the show? Me, neither. But David did and so when he found out that the waterfall was on Kauai, he really wanted to go visit it. And so we did. The view from the top of the falls was impressive, but Dave wanted to see it from below. The only problem was that there were several signs posted about not going down the trail...Private Property, Danger, things like that. We went any way. The trail was very steep and muddy. I can see why the state is not thrilled about having people down there.
See, doesn't that look steep? Scary.
But we made it down to the bottom and, of course, had to take a picture. And since most people obey the signs, we had to use the self-timer on the camera again. Time down: 22 minutes
Time at waterfall: 15 minutes
Time back up: 6 minutes--I really don't like going down, but up is great.
So what is the pretty toes all about? Well, I decided that after a week of hiking and playing in the sand, my feet need some pampering. We had about 90 minutes before the luau started so I got a pedicure at the resort. It was so worth the price! Sorry, no pictures of my cute toes.
The luau was fun and the grounds were beautiful. For some reason those pictures don't seem to be on the computer.

No comments: