Thursday, March 4, 2010

An Interesting Transformation

There has been a metamorphosis occurring in our house. No, I'm not talking about me reaching "at my age" status or my haircut rebellion (but here's a picture for my brother Nate).
No, this is about that transformation that is happening to a certain teen-ager in my house. Last year I couldn't believe that this teen-ager was still watching the daily offerings of Hannah Montana, Suite Life of Zac and Cody, and Wizards of Waverly Place. I was going crazy, especially when said teen-ager would watch a show that had already been seen at least 3 times!!
But we've moved on and grown up a little in the last 6 months or so. Now the daily viewing includes What Not to Wear and Say Yes to the Dress. And because of the first show in particular, it seems that clothing styles are becoming a little more important to this teen-ager (but not enough that it is causing major issues, because this teen-ager is just good that way).
And I'm usually a little be mournful when I think about my children growing up, but I'm not this time because I was so done with Hannah, Zac, Cody and the whole Disney Channel gang!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought it was supposed to be short on top and long in the back, not the other way around.

Dan

jessica said...

LOVE IT! You know I do...thankfully my husband likes my short hair. I really think it's adorable.