Monday, March 22, 2010

And Welcome to Monday

This morning I finished my run early so I thought I would help the kids out with their morning chores. This meant unloading and re-loading the dishwasher. I unloaded the top shelf first, then the bottom, and finally the silverware. No sooner had I taken the last fork out of the silverware holder when there was a giant crash. The very full shelf holding all of our glassware broke and all of the glasses came cascading down onto the countertops, sink, and floor. There was glass everywhere! And I, being somewhat ridiculous, picked up all the large to medium sized pieces of glass and carefully put them in a bucket because I didn't want to throw away perfectly good glass--surely some artsy-crafty sort of person could use it. So I sent an e-mail to my co-workers stating my disaster could be their treasure. I got a few takers. So I thought it could the day could only get better. Then I came home and my cleaning lady left me this note: "Could I re-arrange your furniture? I think you are too busy to take the time to arrange your new furniture so your home feels cozy. Sincerely, The Cleaning Lady" POST SCRIPT: Please let today end...I took Katelyn to the mall after dinner. The boys were at the athletic club. Kate and I enjoyed a nice time wandering around. We were gone about an hour. We arrive home. The camera case is on the kitchen table (not where I had left it) and one of the memory cards is out. I asked Dave why he had the card out. He was rather vague in his answer. I then asked where the camera was. Again a vague response about how someone opened the case, turned on the camera, chewed the lens to bits and jammed the memory card slot shut. It was no someone it was a SOMETHING or should I say a rather naughty black lab who has killed her third camera. I AM SO DONE WITH THIS DAY!!! Carson said it was a sign of the apocalypse. Yeah, I guess so because references are made about killings/murders. The dog might be done for except my husband rocks and was able to salvage the memory card.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

"Could I rearrange your furniture?" What kind of a question is that?! She might as well have said, "Gee, I'm an outstanding decorator, and your home is just sub-par. Why don't I put my two cents in where it absolutely doesn't belong and make your house more of a home, according to little ol' moi. And while I'm at it, I'll organize your spice cupboard and refold all of your clothing."

Amazing.

What do you even say to that?

Mom said...

I guess the designated gift for your 20th anniversary will be "glass"......I can't believe the shelf broke - maybe I better check some of mine!
You need to get & use a strong, metal lockbox for ALL your electronics. I don't think you can train Josie out of this so you'll have to retrain yourselves. Kinda like Tigger & some of his "non-food" eating habits.