Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Can You Spare A Square?

Recently my friend, Jessica, posted about an embarrassing confession. A confession about running out of something. Well, I too, have a confession. At our house we tend to run out of a certain toiletrie item--usually at the most inopportune time. Well really, I guess it is worse for the girls than the boys. And since I'm a girl, you would think I wouldn't let this happen, but it happens OK. And here is why. First, well I won't tell you the first reason because the boys have said "Ooh, TMI". Second, we usually have back-up Kleenex available for use when drip-drying just isn't an option. Third, we never run "completely" out--we have 3 bathrooms so one usually has a few squares available. You just have to plan ahead so you go to the right bathroom. And finally and the biggest reason why we tend to run out of this item is....I HATE going to the grocery store. I find going to the store a huge hassle and I don't even have small children to worry about anymore. Call me lazy, if you must, but I just don't like going to the store and so I avoid it. I plan my grocery store visits every 2 weeks and if we run out of something before the 2 week time period is up, tough. We do without. Hence the issue of running out of certain necessary toiletrie items, because if you don't tell me we are running low, then we're going to go without if we run out. OK, I'm not quite that rigid. I will go to the store eventually, but it usually does take me a day or two to get there. This time it took me 2 days. Fortunately, we had Kleenex and one bathroom with a full roll.

3 comments:

jessica said...

This is funny! I ALWAYS keep a stash of kleenex in my bathroom...I'm not a drip dry kind of girl.

Jules AF said...

I hate when I run out of toilet paper... Or when you're in a bathroom that makes you take ONE SQUARE AT A TIME... That happened to me yesterday, and I was about to hit someone.
Also, I've considered Danskos, but they scare me, and they're too expensive...

Mom said...

Costco.