Monday, February 1, 2010

Because I Said I Would

Our Sunday services are 3 hours--the first hour the entire congregation meets together listening to talks prepared by congregation members; 2nd hour are different Sunday School classes where scripture is studied and discussed; 3rd hour is for Relief Society and Priesthood meetings. That is the usual schedule of events. On occasion, however, the 2nd and 3rd hours are used in a different manner. Such was the case this past Sunday. I have to admit that when I heard that we were having a combined meeting for 2 hours, I grumbled a little bit under my breath. I enjoy breaking the 3 hour block up into three 1-hour meetings. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at the clock and discovered that we only had 30 minutes left. I had been more engaged in the topic (missionary work) than I thought I would be. The last 30 minutes we were able to break out into our Relief Society and Priesthood groups. Once in Relief Society, we spent some time discussing the message that we had just heard about. I'm not the best missionary, not because I have a weak testimony or am embarrassed by the teachings of the church, but because I feel like things in my home should be in order before I try to being a missionary to others. Anyway, we talked about ways that we could share the gospel message and blogging, Facebook, Twitter were all mentioned. This little blog came to my mind immediately (and I told the RS sisters that I would post a link here). I realize that it is primarily my family that reads this, but that's OK because the clip that I'm going to link you to tonight, is a message for everyone and maybe one of you needs to hear it or feel the Spirit that is present as you are watching. The clip is about our eternal nature. I know that we are children of a Heavenly Father and that we lived with Him before we came to this earth. I know that we have a divine nature and potential. We were not placed here by accident. Our Heavenly Father loves us. I know this is a gospel truth. Watch the clip, let your heart be awakened to a principle that you were taught before you were born. The clip is a selection of scriptural references set to music that allow the Holy Ghost to speak to your heart. yes, I provided the same link twice, just in case you missed the first one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very enjoyable. It was a nice break from all of the other junk I have to be thinking about right now.

Thanks for posting it.

Nate

jessica said...

I know what you mean about your "own home" being in order. The people in my home "home" are fine, but my extended family...well that's a whole other story.

What I have learned recently as I've made more missionary efforts is that, being an example is all I can do for my family right now. I know that I can be the difference in someone else's life who is ready to make a change. I pray that Heavenly Father will use someone else who can reach my brothers when they are ready.