Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ooh, That Must be the Truth Whapping Me in the Face

Lately the kids have been into playing the game "Imagniff". It is a pretty fun game and causes some pretty deep chuckles when the answers are revealed. However, the game should come with a warning. "Warning: players may feel at ease enough to reveal how they really feel." Two examples of my children's real feelings. Question 1: Imaginiff mom were a weather forecast. Which would she be?
  1. Severe Thunderstorms
  2. Partly cloudy
  3. Freezing Rain
  4. Breezy
  5. Heat Wave
  6. Fair & Mild

Well Dave and I both picked #6--Dave because he knew that would be in his best interest. Me, because I thought that I was becoming more temperate. Which answer do you think my children picked?

Well? They picked freezing rain! Freezing Rain? Nobody likes freezing rain. I would have been OK with thunderstorms because they are at least cool to look at and dissipate quickly. Freezing rain sticks around and makes everyone miserable.

OK, deep breath. Concentrate on developing temperance. OK, moving on in the game. Next question about mom.

Imaginiff mom were a body part. Which would she be?

  1. Bicep
  2. Funny Bone
  3. Gluteus Maximus
  4. Cranium
  5. Heart
  6. Backbone

Dave picks #5 cuz he's just sweet that way. I pick #4 cuz I think I'm pretty smart. My children pick...#3. They think I'm a butt. What the heck?!

So these were the defenses they offered up. First, freezing rain because I am always cold. Second, gluteus maximus because it is a strong muscle. Hmmm, still not sure if I'm buying all that. What do you think?

2 comments:

Mom said...

I think you should stick to "Apples to Apples" or Uno - sounds safer for one's self esteem. I might I would give the kids a pass on the freezing rain - they may have been thinking in more concrete terms. As for the body part - who knows?

Anonymous said...

At least you are a small gluteus maximus.

Nate