Sunday, February 28, 2010

Adieu

Farewell February. I have often wondered how a short month can seem so insufferably long. But this year you have given us a welcome reprieve from the cold, snowy, gray days that usually accompany your arrival.
This break from routine has caused me to notice some new and wonderful things about you, February. First, with each day you let a little more light in to start my day and then you let the light linger a little while longer before ushering in the night.
Second, you have greeted me with some magnificent sunrises and birds chirping. These make the early morning runs much more enjoyable and give me something to look forward to.
And this year, February, you brought us the Winter Olympics. How I loved watching the Games. To watch athletes compete at that level and caliber allowed me to live vicariously through them.
Thank you February for visiting this year and being such an accommodating guest. Your behavior was above reproach. You've left me anxious to see what March brings.

No comments: