Monday, April 22, 2013

Blogging from Work

Our home laptop went kapluey a week or so ago. Apparently the mother board just gave out. I'm not sure exactly what a "mother board" is or its function, but just like other things that require a mother and if the mother just gives out, the whole system shuts down. So we are mostly without technology at home, hence my blogging from work. I'm doing it on my lunchtime so hopefully I won't catch too much flack.

Saturday was a strange day. It was just Dave and I home alone for most of the day. Katelyn headed out around 8 that morning to go back down to school. Carson was out at his Grandpa Graham's learning some marketable skills--the sea kayak is taking shape. Once it is completed, he needs to learn some marketing skills to get the thing sold.

Anyway, back to the day being strange. It was weird to be at home with just Dave (even Josie was gone since Carson took her for a visit to Grandpa's house). The realization came that this next year and half will go quite quickly and then just the two of us at home will be our new reality. Well, I'm hoping it will be a reality. Of the two children, I think Carson will be a little harder to shoo out of the nest.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not anxious for him to leave. I rather enjoy having the children at home. But I do want him to be moving forward with his life and I think one of the best ways to do that is to get out on his own. His sister was chomping at the bit to do that. I want him to be just as excited and confident as she was.

No comments: