Sunday, March 31, 2013

Saturday Summary

This week has seen the arrival of some warm spring weather. FINALLY! It's always funny to me how many people immediately go to shorts and t-shirts the first sunny, semi-warm day. I will be waiting until the temperature reaches 70 (OK, maybe the high 60's) before baring my legs. Wait I have already worn shorts. I forgot that I wore them the other afternoon when I went for a run and the temperature that afternoon was in the mid-50's. So let me re-phrase, shorts will be worn for exercise if the temperature is above 50 and worn for regular clothing when the temperature is in the high 60's or greater.

Carson is Bronco hunting. He really wants a classic Bronco. He might have found one; he and Dave checked it out this morning. They are going to take it to a mechanic on Monday to get a more thorough check. In order to help defray the cost of the Bronco and soon-to-be college expenses, he needs a job. His Grandpa Graham has a grand plan...building and selling kayaks. The wood for the first kayak is on its way. In the meantime, Carson has also applied with Spokane County for a job as a golf course worker. I am hoping he gets the golf course worker job as well as sells the kayak.

Katelyn is winding up her last few weeks with us before heading down to Rexburg. I still think she is on the suckiest track possible for BYU-I. The track she is on makes it next to impossible to find any sort of employment. She gave job-seeking a half-hearted attempt when she came home as well when she was down in Rexburg. Hopefully she will make a more concerted effort at some point in time because she only has enough money to pay for tuition for 2 more semesters. Trying to help her navigate young adulthood and being independent has challenged us as parents to say the least. It is definitely a different skill set.

The frogs are back! Another indication of spring arriving in full force. Nothing is better than falling asleep to the sound of croaking frogs and the cool night breeze ruffling the window shade.

Wednesday morning the garage door broke at 4:50 a.m. as I was trying to open it so I could go for a run. SCARED ME TO DEATH as it was the loudest bang I have ever heard! Apparently the tension spring broke and bent the door so it isn't just as simple as replacing the garage door opener. The bang woke up Carson and Katelyn, but David remained deep in sleep until I ran upstairs to wake him up. Carson thought the noise was the Honda finally blowing up. Katelyn didn't have a guess as to what the noise was, she was just frustrated that it woke her up after just falling to sleep.

Spring break started Friday. I'm looking forward to our trip to Seattle where we will participate in "touristy" things such as going to the zoo, Pike's Place Market, Seattle Center, the Tulip Festival. My brother, Nate, and his family will also be there so it should be tons of fun.

We have been watching "The Bible" series on the History Channel. It has led to some great scriptural conversations between Carson and me. I have to admit that sometimes his questions cause me to dig a little deeper and seek for a greater understanding. I'm absolutely enjoying the learning and conversation.

6 comments:

mom said...

You would enjoy walking through "The Journey to the Cross" at the Adventist church just south of CV. Free & starts @4 today.

Maggie said...

How classic of a Bronco is he looking for, boxy 60/early 70's or a beauty of a Bronco II?

Nurse Graham said...

He is looking for the boxy 60's/early 70's. If he can't find that he wants a TransAm. I'm hoping he finds the Bronco.

Maggie said...

Umm, that wasn't me about the bronco. I wanted to say that if he wants a golf course job he should talk to my dad. He probably has some good connections. (That's how I got a job at a golf course anyway.)

Nurse Graham said...

Oh that's a good suggestion about talking with your dad. I'll suggest it to him.

So did Dan hack your account to ask about the Bronco or someone else? If it was someone else, that's weird and kind-of creepy.

Maggie said...

Has he found search tempest.com yet? It searches all of Craigslist at once, it's great. That's where I look for all the stuff I'm too cheap to buy.

Plus, I'm not creepy.