Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sushi I

Tonight we ate sushi. Katelyn mentioned last weekend to her Grandpa Whiting that she really wanted to try sushi while she was home. So tonight was the night.

Katelyn really liked it.

I loved it.

Dave and Carson, while adventurous eaters and glad to have at least tried sushi, probably won't have it again.

But Carson kept us entertained with some of his commentary.

Here are just a couple:

While trying to unsuccessfully pick up a sushi roll with chopsticks and taking a little bit of ribbing from his dinner companions, he came up with this line:
 
"The end of these things don't close. It is a serious design flaw."

And then after dinner:
"I wasn't really a fan. Maybe it's because Dad and I are fisherman and it just felt like we were putting things in our mouth that smelled like slimey fish hands."

But if you had watched Carson putting away sushi roll after sushi roll, you would have never guessed that he wasn't enjoying the dinner.

There was a funny moment with Katelyn as well. The sushi roll I ordered was called "Sex on the beach". After I tried it I said it was very good. My dad asked me which one I had, I replied "Sex on the beach." He said "It was good?" I said, "Yes, but it was a little sandy." Katelyn was following the whole conversation. Her face was red, red, red by time the brief conversation was completed. She maintains that she was really just laughing and that ther face wasn't red.

No comments: