Friday, July 27, 2012

Life Marches On

While I was busy blogging about our summer to trip to Europe, regular life continued to happen. I guess that life can't be a vacation all of the time, although you would be hard pressed to tell that if you took a glimpse of my life during summer. Sometimes it is a whole lot of nothin'. Wait, maybe my regular life is vacation since when we are on "vacation" we tend to pack in so much we come back exhausted.

Anyway, this week did have some fun things. I took Katelyn to get things for her apartment. That was weird to type...her apartment. I didn't intend to pick the stuff for Kate, but she was a little disengaged and saying she hates to shop, even though she had been bugging me to take her. Anyway, I tried to keep the colors young and upbeat, picking towels that are torquoise with washclothes that were stripes of torquoise and a dull lime green. Katelyn actually became interested in shopping when we got to sheets and comforter sets. And amazingly she stayed with the same color scheme that I had started. I figured she would want to go a completely different direction just get away from what I had picked. She also picked out some plates that are torquoise and black and then used red for the bowls as an accent color. She still needs some silverware, but we'll get that in the next couple of weeks.

The boys felt a little left out of the fun so they decided to go and have some fun of their own. Dave was drawn to participate in the RAMROD (Ride around Mt. Rainier in a day) so he and Carson left on Wednesday for Puyallup to stay with Mike and Kristi. Mike is Dave's older brother and the one who keeps talking Dave into these crazy adventures. And yes, Mike, was also drawn to ride in RAMROD. Anyway, the ride was yesterday. Dave made it. It took them about 10 hours to complete. When I talked with Dave last night he said there was one climb that he wasn't confident he was going to make it up, but then he pictured Carson and I yelling "Oop, oop, oop" (which is the Tour de France version of up, up, up) and that got him up the hill. Ahhh, isn't that sweet. Dave and Carson are extending their fun by seeing a Mariner game tonight. Bummer that they don't have a camera so no pictures to memorialize the event.

So a few fun things and a whole of regular life stuff like Costco shopping, training for Spokane to Sandpoint relay, killing earwigs which have invaded our house (so gross), and some garage sale shopping to look for kitchen stuff (pots and pans, silverware) for Katelyn.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

So don't buy her any silverware. Dan and I can give her that as a graduation present. (Not the most exciting, but I've got no ideas.) I told Dan that I wanted him to help pick something out when the announcement came. He said that he'd like that. It's months later and nothing got picked out. Now I know we can give her something that she can actually use.