Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Weekend Report (on Thursday, no less)

For Memorial Day weekend this year we took Katelyn down to Iceberg Rexburg to tour the BYU-I campus. The campus is not too spread-out and has some lovely landscaping. Her apartment is nice. Matter-of-fact when she would tell people where she was staying, the typical response was "Ooh, that's nice." Oh yeah, this mom knows how to take care of her Kate and make sure she is set for next year. Dave accused me of picking the most expensive place in Rexburg. I took exception to that. It's the second but the reason I chose it for Kate was because the apartment complex provides a shuttle service to campus as well as to the grocery store. That was the biggest selling point for me since we are sending Kate off to school without a car.

After our lovely tour of Rexburg we drove south a couple of hours to visit my brother, Nate, and his family. Unfortunately the weather continued to be icky, but we did have a chance to take a drive up Logan Canyon and found a nice little stream to hike up. The headwaters actually come out of Logan Cave which used to be a great cave to go spelunking in, but now is gated off to protect the bats that live there. Do yourself a favor and don't bring this subject up with Nate. It irritates him greatly--the cave being closed to protect the bats.

Anyway, the only pictures I took this weekend were on our hike. So for extended family viewing pleasure...
Up we go. Try to stay out of the water.

I love my Daddy.

They are serious about keeping people out. That is one thick gate.

C'mon, Carson. Let's just climb up a little higher.

And back down.


Carson rescued a butterfly.

No comments: