Monday, May 14, 2012

The Love Bucket is Filled

What a spectacular Mother's Day weekend. First of all, how can it be bad when the weather is so gorgeous? Honestly, warmth and sunlight truly do my spirit, mind, and body good. But even more than that was wonderful time spent with my family.

Friday afternoon Katelyn and I went to get a pedicure and a manicure for Kate. She was getting ready for her senior prom. It was fun to spend that mom-daughter time together doing something that we don't do very often.

Saturday morning was a beautiful morning for a run with my friends. It was our last longish run before our "race" this coming Saturday. My friends are going to be doing the full marathon and I'll be doing the half-marathon.

Then Saturday afternoon was spent just hanging out and watching Katelyn get ready for the prom. She looked absolutely lovely.

And then Sunday was where my love bucket was filled to overflowing because I got the two things that I really wanted. A hot shower as well as the kitchen and bathroom floors swept and mopped. So awesome and I am so grateful to my kids for not using all the hot water and not bickering over who had to sweep and who had to mop.

We finished off the weekend by having dinner with my mom and dad where we were treated to an awesome bar-be-que. It was nice to spend that time with them and my brother, Mike, and his family.

I should be nice and filled up for awhile.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Cute pictures!