Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What I Think Would be Great Right Now

This afternoon my friend and I ventured out for an 18 mile run.

The run actually went surprisingly well.

I must admit that I was a little worried about it, not because it was 18 miles, but because it was in the afternoon.

I'm an early morning runner.

Afternoon running throws off my running mojo.

But once we were about 5 miles in, I settled into a nice pace and things went pretty great.

They would have gone even better had I not developed a hot spot at mile 13, and a huge blister by mile 15.

But we finished.

You know what I've noticed about long runs?

I totally lose my appetite after the run.

And I get a yucky tummy.

I think a Dr. Pepper Ten would be really great right about now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's kind of funny, as much as I LOVE Dr. Pepper (and you know I do) I can't drink it when I have a yucky tummy.

Nate

PS Blisters suck.

Mom said...

Chocolate milk - new "best after workout" drink. Just sayin'.

Nurse Graham said...

Yep chocolate milk was consumed as soon as I walked in the door, but I always crave some sort of carbonated drink after a couple of hours & I find Dr. Pepper works the best.

jessica said...

I'm with you...chocolate milk first than some soda with whatever I'm eating. Usually it's a hamburger from zips. It's the only time I eat fast food burgers, after a 13+ run. I know it sounds gross but I crave meat and soda!