Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stealing a Great Idea from St. Louis

Before my sister-in-law, Maggie, left St. Louis for Rochester, she was invited to participate in a "decorator swap". Watch this link to see how these ladies worked their magic on Maggie's house. Their magic (in addition to lots of work on Dan and Maggie's part) must have worked because Dan and Maggie were able to sell their house pretty quickly--I think it was only on the market for a month or two.

Anyway, I think this is a great idea that should be implemented here in my neck of the woods. My house isn't up for sale, but it sure is in need of a decorator's touch. I wouldn't be much help in generating ideas, but now that school is out, I could certainly provide the "hard work" part.

So how about? Any of you decorators out there who would like to get this "decorator swap" going here? Like I said, I would be a hard worker; I just ask that you start with my house first.

2 comments:

jessica said...

That is so awesome! I would love to do something like that here. But I'm still reeling from the last two crazy weeks of my life...and I have to finish tiling my laundry room and painting my banister....then we can talk!

Maggie said...

It doesn't really NEED a decorator. All you need is more than, I'd say, six people to come. Once you have that many people the ideas just start to go. Also the group usually only meets once a month starting at 7:30 or 8 and going until people decide to go home. I think if you could just convince six people to start and get the ball rolling with dates and places the group would come together.