Monday, June 27, 2011

Splendid and Remarkable

Being in a better frame of mind today, I thought I should post about a couple of things that I find splendid and remarkable.

First, it is splendid and remarkable to find out that loyalty to a local bike shop can result in a great deal on a new bike. For years now, I have been going to Wheel Sport East when I needed bike stuff. I bought my first road bike there from Josh. Me, being me, had a million questions, stewed over whether or not to spend that much on a bike, and checked out bikes at a couple of other stores. Josh was patient. He knew I would come back to him and the bike at Wheel Sport East. He was right, I did. I did because Josh was the only one from all of the different bike shops that I went to who spent time answering my million of questions, wasn't pushy about selling the bike, and made sure that I was all equipped for riding. So when Dave needed a new bike, I suggested that he go see Josh. Dave, being Dave, had to do his own research/test rides and checked out several bike shops. Once all was said and done, he whittled down the various choices to a Cervelo R2 and a Specialized Tarmac. Both bikes rode about the same, were comparable in price and components. But in the end, Dave chose the Tarmac. How did he decide? Easy. Josh was able to give him a sweet deal on the Tarmac. And why did Josh give him the sweet deal? In Josh's words, "Heather has been coming here for years and she is always sending people in to see me." And that my friends, is why it pays to be a loyal customer and spread the good word.

The second splendid and remarkable thing for today is this...

The boy may hate weeding, but he is always willing to plant the new flowers I buy. He even does the planting without being asked. He takes great care when he does the planting and makes sure that the new transplants receive a good watering as soon as they are in the ground. He has also done a remarkable job in keeping the hanging basket and flower pot on the front porch watered. Great-grandma Flo would be so proud.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Might still be some farmer left in that boy afterall.