Thursday, May 19, 2011

Congratulations, Dr. Dan

This is my baby, littlest, youngest brother, Daniel


This is Dan's adorably awesome family


Today, Dan graduated from Saint Louis School of Medicine.

I remember Dan's first day of kindergarten. He hugged me as I was on my way out the door to start my junior year of high school. I cried. If I were with him today, I'm sure he would hug me again. I'm sure I would cry again.

I'm so proud of Dan. I'm so proud of his family, too. Even though Dan is the one getting the diploma, his family also deserves an award. It's not easy to be an immediate family member of a medical student. I know from personal experience.

Their next adventure will be residency at the Mayo Clinic.


2 comments:

Maggie said...

I cried for you.

jessica said...

That post is so sweet! Yay for your little brother...I'm a big sister too, I know how close to the heart those baby brother are.