Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How to: Make ANY Member of Your Family Feel Comfortable

Some days a mom can just tell when a family member has had a rough day and needs a little TLC. Often being comfortable and snuggled in to one's favorite place can be just the ticket.

So, if you are ever faced with a day when you are called upon to make a family member more comfortable, here is some advice...

First, suggest to the family member that they go lay down. Don't give them a specific place to lay down. Let them make the choice.

Next, once they are settled into their favorite place, go and tuck them in--even if you completely disagree with the spot that they have picked to rest and you feel it ridiculous that you need to be tucking them in.

Finally, well I'm not sure what to type for finally because quite frankly, I was appalled at how comfortable this family member made herself.

The hardest thing she had to do that day was eat breakfast and take care of her business outside. I guess to be fair, it was cold and wet outside so she probably just wanted to warm up. When she came in, I told her to go lay down and my bed is the place she chose. She pretty much refused to get out. So what else could I do, but make the bed around her? I'm pretty sure she was still there when I stopped by the house on my lunchbreak because she never came downstairs to see me.

Sigh. At least she knows she is loved. And it was "change the sheet day" anyway.

5 comments:

Christie said...

HILARIOUS!

Dogs are the best. I wouldn't have kicked him out either.

Maggie said...

That is so funny!

Donna said...

Hi, Nurse Graham,
I may only know you through How-To Tuesdays, and I am assuming here that you really are a nurse, but I want to thank you for the job you do.
One year ago I was in the hospital in Salt Lake recovering from a near fatal car accident. I cannot tell you how kind and sweet and comfortable the nurses made me feel!
So, even though we don't really know each other, in behalf of caring nurses everywhere, I thank you. You make ALL the difference!
Your dog is adorable and this post is hilarious, by-the-way!

Anonymous said...

I wish I got treatment like that.....
Her husband.

Lindsay said...

Haha! That just goes to show who she wants to be close to when needing some love!