Monday, April 12, 2010

The News

It's Monday and I have to take Carson to the dentist. Wish me luck. He went to the dentist last week, also, where they discovered that he needs a sealant replaced. Carson thinks that the dentist is the last vestiges of Middle Ages torture. He especially loves it when they have to put on the tongue guard--he has a very busy tongue that is constantly in the way when they are trying to work. In other news:
  • Katelyn will be taking the driving portion again on Saturday. She is a good driver, but her downfall is all things having to do with parking and backing up. I blame this on both parents. Me, I genetically pre-disposed her to having difficulty with these skills. Dave doesn't even trust me to back the truck up into the garage. Her father, well if he had only purchased a boat a couple of years ago (when I was begging him to, I have since given up), Katelyn would have been the one who would have learned to back up the trailer--see previous explanation about me to know why Katelyn would have been the one learning.
  • This week is a recovery week in my 1/2 marathon training. That means that the runs this week are only 4 or 5 miles long. I remember when only a couple of years ago, 5 miles seemed like a very long run. Now? Not so much.
  • I'll be "single-parenting" for a couple of days this week. Sometimes I notice it and sometimes I don't, just depends how many things have to get done.
  • And finally, today I will be making reservations for a zipline adventure, a cruise up the NaPali coast, and a luau to be enjoyed when Dave and I travel to Kuaui at the end of May. We will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. 20 years? I can't believe it's gone so fast! I can't wait for our trip. It's going to be FABULOUS!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Maybe Katelyn should use the Smart for her test.....it parks anywhere (but the transmission takes a bit of getting used to.)We could make it happen.
Remind us to give you a list of restraunts. I think it was Captain Andy's (captain somebody, anyway) that we used for our NaPili trip; I have no recommendations on a zipline (and don't give your father one; the one in Singapore on the Amazing Race was bad enough last night.)