Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy School Nurse Day

Yes, it's true. There is such a thing as School Nurse Day. It is buried in the middle of Teacher Appreciation Week and today is the day. It has been a great day. The secretaries at one of the schools I work at gave me a beautiful little rose plant, I won a $50 Starbucks card for participating in a survey that I filled out like in March, and I got to have lunch with my nursing peeps. Oh and I wrote a little song in honor of school nursing.
Here are my nursing peeps:

We are dining at the fine Vin Rouge establishment. Now here is a picture with me and my peeps

And here is a picture of our very patient waiter:

The song: well it's just to special to share--not really. It's really just kind of silly and my kids are completely embarrassed that I wrote it and then SANG it at the restaraunt. But it is School Nurse Day and I felt entitled to disrupt everyone's dining experience by sharing my little celebration of School Nurses--even though I don't really think I disrupted anyone but the other school nurses since we were in a room by ourselves, separated from the main dining room. All in all, a fun day and today I like my job. Actually all this year I have really enjoyed being a school nurse. I do it because I enjoy children and believe that helping children stay healthy goes a long way in helping them to be better learners. This year has definitely been more than applying band-aids and doing lice checks. It has been challenging and rewarding.

No comments: