Sunday, February 15, 2009

Totally Radical-Party Hardy

David and I aren't huge partygoers. This is mostly due to the fact that we don't get invited to many parties rather than being anti-social. So when we actually received an invitation a couple of weeks ago to a friend's birthday party, I was excited. Then, I became elated as I read the invitation and discovered that it was a "Dress 80's style" party. I immediately began planning my outfit and trying desparately to think of something that I could convince David to wear.
So this is how we looked last Friday as we headed out the party...about as close to 80's style as David would let us get.

So we're not exactly the poster children for the 80's, but hey, I am just impressed that my decidedly "jock" husband put on something sort-of preppy. His response to the whole dressing up thing was that during the 80's he dressed in sweatpants most of the time. Sad, but true.

3 comments:

jessica said...

I love a good party and mandatory dress is the sign of a FABULOUS party. Good for you for dressing up.

It must be the season for parties because we just hosted one on Friday. Of course it was dress up and the theme was Rock Star...so fun! You should check out my blog to see the ridiculous costumes.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he still has some blue and white sweatpants around somewhere. You should have let him wear those instead. Either those or a pin-stripe singlet.

Dan

abbyandcompany said...

i like the sweater around the neck. I am glad you linked your blog to your profile!