Friday, November 14, 2008

Just plain tired

Whew! I am so ready to put an end to this busy week--and we even had a day off on Tuesday! This was one of those weeks when I found it particularly draining to be a working mom. Wednesday was especially bad--not returning home until 9:00 p.m. after starting the day at 4:30 a.m. So the 4:30 a.m. start is completely my choice, but if I don't get my workout done in the morning, it doesn't get done at all. I would give you a run down of the week, but everything but a few poignant moments are a blur. Moment #1: meeting on Wednesday when, in the presence of my supervisor, director, and director's director, I totally called out a colleague--this is not a great way to relieve tension in an already tense meeting, by the way. Moment #2: Sleeping in until 5:30 a.m. on Thursday morning. Wednesday was a really looonnngg day and I just couldn't drag myself out of bed on Thursday morning. And you know what? It was wonderful to sleep in one morning! And I hardly felt any guilt about missing my morning workout. Moment #3 and #4 wrestle-mania. Yes, Carson has started the junior high wrestling season and had two matches this week. One was on Wednesday and the other on Thursday. He won both, but I can't remember if both were won by pins. Thursday's definitely was and he pinned the guy 21 seconds into the 1st round. Video of these awesome matches soon to come (i have to find my cords for the camcorder cuz that is just the kind of week that it has been). Thank heaven for a wonderful, supportive husband who gently wakes me up from the family room floor and ushers me off to bed--can you imagine how stiff and cranky I would be if he left me there every night because every night this week I have been asleep there in front of the fireplace by 9:00 p.m. Here's to maybe a quieter week, next week.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Just reading that made me tired! I'm quite impressed with your 4:30am workout. You're an animal!

And all three of my brothers wrestled...I love that sport!

Maggie said...

Do you have to work until Wednesday Thanksgiving week?