Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In case you were wondering...

Katelyn is having a fabulous time in high school. She enjoys early-morning seminary, is loving her drama class, and is quite busy with JV softball. I have some great pictures of her in all her softball-action glory, but she has said no more pictures on the blog--I'm not sure why because all the pictures of her are super cute, but I will honor her request. Consequently, her business directly translates into my business because I have been trying to make it to all of her home games and still pick up Carson from cross-country practice by 5 p.m. What usually results is a lot of circle-driving and catching just a few innings of the game. Fortunately, we have had perfect ball game watching weather for all but 2 games. I am hoping that this will hold true for the last week of the season (which is next week). Katelyn celebrates her 15th birthday this Saturday. She is having a boy/girl party on Friday night. My first boy/girl party that I hosted was an 8th grade graduation party. I hope hers is nothing like mine--boys and girls kissing in the bushes and some really smart kid brought beer and hid it in the bushes. My parents were thrilled and this may have been the last boy/girl party that was hosted in their house, but I can't be sure of that. Wish us, Katelyn's parents, luck for our first boy/girl party--I do take comfort in the fact that all of the kids who she has invited are in her early-morning seminary class and I know all of their parents AND we limited her to 11 kids AND it is being held from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. with most of that time being spent watching a movie in our family room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about anyone else, but I never had a party (boy/girl or otherwise) at the house. It's a pretty safe bet that Michael didn't either, at least not with mom and dad's consent/knowledge.

Nate

Anonymous said...

There were defintely no other boy/girl parties at the house. Having Michael there really discouraged bringing too many people beyond Buzz and Hoge to the house.

Dan

Nurse Graham said...

Sorry guys but I guess this was the one time it paid to be the oldest.