Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Twilight Zone

Weird conversation #1 The following conversation took place this morning as I was driving my friend to the hospital. She had a 6 a.m. check-in time for her knee surgery. Friend: Sorry I was running a little late. I had to shower and shave this morning. Me: Shave? They told you not to shave. Friend: Don't worry, I didn't shave my knee. I just had to tidy and trim up some other areas. First, TMI! Second, do you think the doctors and nurses really care about tidied and trimmed areas. I doubt there are conversations about "Oh look, what a perfect little triangle" and "My aren't her legs nice and smooth." Weird conversation #2 I try to avoid any sort-of political discussion while at work--mostly because conservative/Republican viewpoints are not very popular in the public education setting. However, there are times when politics do come up. Co-worker: I bet you weren't very happy with McCain's pick as running mate. Me: Why would you say that? Co-worker: I just thought you wouldn't be happy. Me: Why? Because she's a woman? Co-worker: Exactly. Me: I think it is wonderful that she was picked. She is a lady who holds many of the same values that I hold. So why exactly did you think I wouldn't be happy? Co-worker: Well because your church doesn't like woman in leadership roles. Me: What?! They have nothing against women in leadership roles. Co-worker: Well they don't let women become bishops. Me: That has nothing to do with their feelings about women in leadership (you frickin' idiot). C0-worker: Well I bet no one in your congregation will vote for Barack. Me: I don't know that you can say that. I would venture to say that there are more than a handful who would. Co-worker: Oh that's good to know. That just proves my point that Washington Mormons are way cooler than Utah or Idaho Mormons. (conversation ends on that note because I left the room). Some people really sound stupid when they open their mouths.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you caught me on a good day for our conversation - it didn't even make the weird list!
I'll forward an e-mail from yur dad - you'll love it. Plus one of Charlotte "feeding" her "puppy".

Maggie said...

Did I not send that video to all family? Sorry. Yeah, both of those conversations are WEIRD.

Anonymous said...

What a waste! Her leg was probably all draped before the orthopod even entered the OR and never even saw her efforts.

Anonymous said...

Greg said to remind your co-worker that Harry Reid is a Mormon.
Greg (maggie's dad)

Anonymous said...

After you tell your co-worker that Harry Reid is a Mormon, continue on to remove one m and tell her that he is also a MORON!

Nate