Monday, July 21, 2008

My kids think I'm smart

The other night we were watching "Duel", a TV game show. I was on a roll answering the questions without missing a beat. Carson (my son) was ribbing his dad about his (Dave's) wrong answers. He then says "Mom is way smart. She gets all of them right." Who wouldn't love hearing that come from your child? He then asks me, "So how did you get to be so smart?" Quick-thinking me answered, "I was a voracious reader when I was young--I read anything from books to magazines, even the occassional encyclopedia. I also had a mom and dad who exposed us to much trivia and almost every road-side information sign there was." I am trying to convince my children that reading really is a profitable hobby. We continue to watch Duel and 2 questions later is this gem "Which company has as its slogan, The passionate pursuit of excellence?" (or something really close to that). I had no idea. Carson, on the other hand, got it before the choices were even displayed. He turns to me and says "Ha, that learning is from watching TV." The answer to the question...Lexus.

No comments: