Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mom's taxi service

Having children is a huge blessing. Running them to all of their different activities...well, I should love it. Yesterday looked like this...Drop Carson off at weight training camp, drop Katelyn at tennis camp, pick up Carson from weight training, drop Carson off at Grandpa and Grandma Graham's, pick up Katelyn from tennis, drop Katelyn at a friend's pool party. Guess how many miles I drove yesterday. Go ahead, take a guess. No clue? 75 miles! 75 miles driving in circles. I should love that right? I mean I am holding the kids captive in a small enclosed space. It should lend itself to good conversation right? Not when they are teen-agers or pre-teen--talking is the last thing they want to do. Even with all of my open-ended questions and active listening skills (learned from years of working as a nurse and being mom) did nothing to elicit good conversation. On the brighter side of being mom's taxi service...I only had to drive 60 miles today.

No comments: