Monday, February 11, 2013

Home for Lunch

I love that I live close enough to work so that I can come home for lunch. Sometimes I need that 30 minutes of absolute quiet to recharge. Actually, by time I get home it's more like 20 minutes, but it's enough.

Today was a day that I needed lunch at home. I made a simple lunch of peanut butter toast and then sat on the kitchen floor in the sunshine. As I sat there I dozed off a little bit. I haven't slept very well since Friday night. Persistent left flank pain is the biggest culprit in keeping me awake. A story for another time I suppose.

The doze was interrupted by my heading nodding forward, waking me up. I finished up the peanut butter toast and enjoyed the last few minutes in the sunshine. Recharged, it was time to head back to work to finish up the day.

1 comment:

mom said...

Hope everything goes well tomorrow.