Friday, April 27, 2012

Look What the Box Man Brought Today

eBag Mother Lode Weekender TLS Convertible Backpack
The UPS man delivered this bag (and one in green) to my doorstep this afternoon.

Now I say..."Watch out Europe, here I come!"

This summer's family vacation will find some of us touring Germany, France and Switzerland while others of us are cruising down the Danube. We'll all meet up in Paris.

I can't believe that I'm going to pack 10-days worth of stuff in this bag, but that is the goal. I don't want to pay the checked luggage fees and my dad swears that it is possible to fit enough clothes in this bag (well the Rick Steves version). The only problem I might run into is this bag is fitted more for someone of average size. I'm not so much of average size...more like on the negative end of the bell curve. Dave says I just can't tip over backwards with the backpack on. I'll look like an up-side down turtle. He also told Carson he better be prepared to carry it for me. But I said I'm not a wimp and I will be able to carry my own bag. Thank you very much.

I still can't believe we are going to Europe. I never thought we'd ever take a trip like this but I'm so excited we are.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Lightweight travel clothing - that's how you can do it. Also washing out underwear in the sink each night - that way you only need 3 sets. Shoes are hardest & heaviest part.

Anonymous said...

Can you fit 10 days of clothes plus a Travis in there? He could use some culture and refinement :)

Nate

jessica said...

Just FINALLY catching up on blogs...First of all, YOU CAN TOTALLY RUN THIS MARATHON!!!! And Second, how fun is your summer going to be????! Yay for you!