Saturday, September 11, 2010

Whew, We Made It

(And yes, the brother is taller than the sister even though she is slouching)
We made it through the first week of school!
Katelyn was so happy. She was glad to be back in the groove of hanging out with friends. And she couldn't stop saying "I'm finally an upperclassman." She also really likes being able to drive to school each day.
Carson, while he will never admit it, was a little nervous the first day of school. The only reason I believe this to be true is because he could not eat breakfast that first morning. Let me tell you, right now, the boy is eating us out of house and home so for him to not want to eat breakfast was a good indicator that he might be a little nervous. And really,who wouldn't be going in as a freshman in a school with almost 2000 students? He was glad to see his friends in most of his classes. And he managed to figure out how to catch the bus after missing it the first time.
I wish that I had survived as well as these two. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I was a zombie by 9:00 p.m. David was not too happy about that and told me on more than one occassion, "You get up too early." Well, excuse me buddy, but it's going to take me a couple of days to work back into working full-time and still having wife/mom stuff to do when I come home--like cooking dinner, grocery shopping, getting last-minute school supplies, laundry, etc. Fortunately, by Friday, I could feel my body re-adjusting and next week should be better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite the head of hair Carson has these days. I'm glad to hear the first week of school went well for all of you.

Dan

Anonymous said...

You are such a complainer ;). Jenny gets up at 5am every day too. We are trying to figure out a good time to come up, but don't know when that will be.

Nate

Maggie said...

Wait, you LIKE grocery shopping?