Monday, September 20, 2010

It Started Bad, But Then It Got Better

I felt a little like Eeyore this morning. I was still in the funk from getting annoyed at church yesterday. I know I shouldn't get annoyed at church, but I did. I really wanted to type up the whole scenario of why I was annoyed, but every time I have started to type, the sentences don't come out right. I'm taking that as a sign that I shouldn't give any more details.
So, I was gloomy and grumpy this morning. And I felt a little spiritually empty--probably because I got annoyed at church. During my 20 minutes of quiet, I read my scriptures and then I prayed. I prayed that somehow today I would feel that connection to my Heavenly Father. That there would be some way He would communicate with me that I'm doing okay and He knows my needs. Probably one of the more selfish prayers I have uttered in awhile with the exception of the part when I repented of feeling annoyed at church and asked to be forgiven for my negative feelings.
Then it was time to go to work. Going to my first school of the day was difficult because I really didn't want to be there. To me, the atmosphere of that building was just as gloomy as I felt. But the time there was quickly spent and it was on to another building.
As I was putting things into my car, it happened. Heavenly Father let me know that I was someone and that He hears my prayers. The event was small and insignificant and some would even question if it really was an answer. But I know it was an answer to a prayer uttered a week or so ago. A prayer that I really hadn't been thinking much about. It was a prayer about a missing running glove. A glove that I had turned the house and car upside down looking for. There, in the space between the passenger seat and door, kind-of tucked under the seat, was my glove. That glove was just what I needed to feel that connection to my Heavenly Father again.
After that, the day just got brighter and I felt the gloomy funk lift. What a blessing to have a Heavenly Father who loves us.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Hey Heather! Just catching up on some blogs...sorry you had a bad day. I hate it when I have a bad day because of church, it doesn't happen very often but when it does it sucks! That's the day I'm supposed to be rejuvenated not drained! Anyway, I'm glad you got a little hello from Heavenly Father.

bell family said...

Nurse graham haven't read you in awhile and I am not sure why. Love Love love this post. Thanks for sharing.