Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ding Dong the Fish is Dead

(Humming the tune Ding Dong the Witch is Dead from Wizard of Oz): Ding dong the fish is dead Which fish? The freaky fish. Ding dong the freaky fish is dead. When Carson was 10 he really wanted a fish tank and fish for his birthday. So we got him one. I was hesitant because of the up-keep that goes into fish tanks, but David and Carson both assured me that Carson could take care of the fish and the tank. Well, guess who was cleaning the tank every 2 weeks? Me. Carson did help on occassion, which I was very grateful for the help. But last year, I was fed up with cleaning the dang thing so I turned it completely over to Carson. I had to just keep his bedroom door closed so I couldn't see the state of the tank. Slowly, the fish began to die. Except for this one fish. It was a hot pink fish. It was tenacious. It held out for a very long time. Every week I would ask if it had died yet (I was desparate to get rid of the fish tank). Every week, the same response, "Nope. Still going strong." We started to refer to it as the "freaky fish" because we couldn't believe it was still living in such squalor. Then last night, I heard the most welcoming words, "Hey, the freaky fish finally died." Carson sent him to a watery grave. But now I think the fish is haunting our pipes because they started "pinging" right after the funeral.

2 comments:

Mom said...

So will we see the tank on Craig's list soon?

Jules AF said...

Poor fishy.