Sunday, January 17, 2010

I Think You Should Know...

Sometimes I can be a total sap. I can't think of a better word to describe my sometimes over-leaky eyes. Cry over sappy Hallmark movies? Yep, most of the time. Cry during Primary Programs? Almost always. Cry when I see awesome feats of athletism by amateur athletes? Handy me a hanky. Cry when patriotic songs are played? Depends on the timing and venue, but yep, sometimes I cry. Cry when children are involved? Definitely a tender spot for children which causes me eyes to leak. So it should come as no surprise that I was crying Friday night as I watched the little ice skaters unroll a giant American flag with Lee Greenwood's "I'm Proud to be American" playing in the background as the Opening Ceremonies for the 2010 Ice Skating Championships came to a close. I am such a sap. But, not sappy enough to cry over spilled milk--as Carson will attest. Before Christmas we got a new couch. The first new couch for our family room in 15 years. It is a beautiful deep chocolate brown made of deliciously soft velvet material. Several conversations took place before the couch arrived about no food or drink on the new couch--all things edible or drinkable must stay in the kitchen. The new couch had not been in the house more than 20 minutes when Carson (who was standing in the kitchen) choked on his milk and sent a mouthful of dairy mist all over the back of the new couch! I have never seen milk cover such a wide surface area. Carson just looked at me with huge eyes, afraid of what might come next. I just laughed and laughed. It was so funny to see that milk spray everwhere. I think Carson breathed a huge sigh of relief as he was getting a wet towel to clean up the milk. I just continued laughing as I helped him mop on the milk--because what else can you do?

No comments: