Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Week in Review

Since from time to time I like to think of this blog as a sort of journaling experience, I wanted to review what occurred during this last week. Monday: Ready, Set, STOP! Even though we were supposed to return to school after our Christmas Break, schools were ordered closed by the county sheriff. That's OK because it gave me a chance to get out and use my new snow-thrower (that's the official name for my snowblower). Tuesday: Next verse, same as the first. A little louder, a little bit worse--schools were closed again. What really sucked was that on Monday I told my friend that I would be at spin--at 4:30 AM thank you very much. I didn't think I could ditch her cuz she is the instruct and I felt duty-bound to show up even though I totally could have slept in. Wednesday: Surely they would re-open schools, but No, they were still closed and crews were brought in to shovel snow off of the roofs. I told my children that if school was closed on Thursday I was just going to take them and drop them off there anyway and I would come back at 3:00 to pick them up. Total empty threat because we live only a few blocks from the middle school and a couple of miles from the high school and the children know that they could walk home. Thursday: FINALLY and hip-hip-hooray! Schools are open! Friday: The best for last. Carson received the Athlete of the Season Award for his outstanding performance this past wrestling season. Saturday: Quiet day, spent sometime doing laundry and running errands. Carson and his dad spent about hour looking at old pictures. Dave discovered that the apple didn't fall from the tree where Carson is concerned. He came up and said, "we found some of my junior high pictures--man, Carson looks almost just like me." Really, honey, I never noticed. Well that wraps up the week for the Graham's. We'll see what adventures this week brings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you choose your outfit for this picture so that you would look like the TV commercial?

Nurse Graham said...

No, but do are you implying that I look good enough to be on TV? I am so flattered.