Monday, January 5, 2009

A Little Stir Crazy

Today the children and I were supposed to go back to school. But at about 5 p.m. last night, the county sheriff recommended (or ordered, depending on which newscast you listened to) that schools in Spokane County be closed today. I find it frustrating that he would have made this recommendation prior to the storm even arriving. I guess he was just trying to be proactive in the matter. Anyway, I was looking forward to getting back to school and I think the children were as well, even though they will only grudgingly admit to this. We are all getting a little tired of the walls of the house, but thankfully not each other. However, lest anyone think that my recent foray into "positiveness" has ceased and desisted, let me just say that last night's snowfall gave me another opportunity to go out and use my new toy. Unfortunately I still cannot show you a picture of my new snowblower because technology and I are not the best of friends yet. I received a new camera for Christmas, and even though it is the same model as the one the Josie killed, there have been some upgrades so I can't download pictures as easily. Well now that I don't have to go to work I guess I have some time to read the instruction book so I can download pictures. See, another silver lining to the "no school" cloud. I love my new-found optimism.

No comments: