Monday, March 16, 2015

A Happy Monday

For me, Monday's have a 50/50 chance of being awesome or awful. Today had a greater than 50% chance of being awful, mostly because I am still suffering the effects of some wicked, nasty stomach virus that has been plaguing me since Thursday. The nausea finally started to subside about noon and other ailments waned in the late afternoon hours. I'm glad that the worst seems to be behind me.

Even when I'm feeling horrid (and today I was just shy of feeling horrid), I do look forward to Monday's because I know that we'll receive an e-mail from Katelyn. Like always, I tried to time being logged into our e-mail when she typically e-mails. This allows us a chance to "chat" back and forth. Today was no exception and we spent some time exchanging e-mails. She was finally transferred back to an English-speaking area and her countenance in the picture she sent with her new companion shows the relief she must be feeling. She didn't admit it very often, but it was hard for her to be serving in a Spanish-speaking area when she did not know Spanish. She was grateful for the time she served there and the wonderful people she met, but not being able to participate in the conversations and teaching was draining on her.

Here are some happy pictures from her time in Ajo and Gila Bend:
Katelyn said that Carolyn was a "feisty lady" and it took several attempts to the font, but she made it right before Katelyn was transferred.

Katelyn and her companion killing time before the baptism

Brothers Hunter and Jacob

The only snake she has seen so far while serving in Arizona. She is slightly disappointed that she hasn't seen more snakes.
As if chatting with Katelyn wasn't enough of a morale booster, I received a letter in the mail from her today. An actual, handwritten, delivered via snail mail, letter. It was one of those letters that makes a momma's heart happy.

So it was indeed a happy Monday.

No comments: