Saturday, January 14, 2012

A New Blog Post

I don't know what it is about school breaks and me, but it seems like after being on a school break I lose all momentum for blogging. I think it is pretty pathetic that it is the 14th of January and I only have one other blog post for January.

Last night was an awesome family night. We went to Red Robin for dinner where I got to enjoy a delicious cheeseburger on a BUN! Yay for Red Robin adding Udi's hamburger buns as an option for those diners who are on a gluten-free diet. I enjoyed every last bite of that cheeseburger. Did you read that, Dad? I ate the whole thing! But my enjoyment of the cheeseburger wasn't the only thing that made last night awesome. Last night was awesome because everyone was in a good mood. We laughed and joked. We reminisced. We just really enjoyed each others company. It's weird to think that next year it will just be 3 of us at home for most of the year.

I'm speaking tomorrow in Sacrament meeting. It's the "farewell" for one of the young men in our ward. He will be leaving for his mission in Brazil this next week. I feel a little weird about speaking tomorrow only because I'm of the opinion that people who are close to the soon-to-be missionary should be the ones speaking and I don't fall into that catagory. But no one asked for my opinion and any way, that's not how the Church does things any more.

I'm watching the Broncos get decimated by the Patriots. The Elders Quorum in our ward are having an informal get-together to watch this game. Dave and I didn't go. We didn't go mostly because Dave can't take me out in public to watch football games, particularly if is the Broncos. I yell way too much and talk back to the TV.

And with two blog posts under my belt for the month of January, I will now try to get back in the swing of things and get more blog posts done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!!! An ENTIRE cheeseburger- way to go. Sorry we didn't get to hear your talk. Glad everyone had a good time at Red Robin, and, yes, the first one leaving the nest is a "weird" experiance.
Love you
Dadio