Friday, December 18, 2009

A Time for Baking

Today was the last day of school for a couple of weeks. While it hasn't been particularly stressful at work (except for a couple of weeks ago when an administrator tried to tell me how to do my job), I must admit that I am looking forward to a little R and R. Mostly because at this time of year, I really enjoy baking and putting together little "treat" plates for our neighbors. This year I am especially excited to try out some recipes I found on this great website, http://www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/. Thursday morning, I made some yummy pumpkin scones using a recipe I found on the website. I did make the following substitutions:
  • used 1/2 c teff flour for the millet flour
  • used 2 TBSP molasses in place of the maple syrup
  • used 3 TBSP buttermilk in place of rice milk
  • used 1 large egg in place of egg substitute
  • added 1 c chocolate chips

The scones turned out super-yummy. The only problem was that my family enjoyed them so much I only got 1 scone. That was a bummer, but also pretty flattering since some of my other tries with baking gluten-free have not always been most successful.

No comments: