Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sports Round-up

Last Saturday, Dave and I were part of a 1/2 ironman relay team. He biked, I ran, and a gal we know from LL did the swim. David rocked on the bike--56 miles in 3 hours on the TOUGHEST course ever--really, my friends who do Ironman all the time won't come and do this race just because of the bike course. Anyway, he was amazing. Doesn't he look like a bike rider?
I'd love to brag on how well my run went, but it didn't go that great. But if you ask Dave he'll tell you I did a great job--he's the best. (This picture was take about mile 5 when I was still feeling really good and my body was still sweating. About mile 6, I quit sweating. Not good.)
The good news...our team took 3rd place! We were so surprised.
And just so you don't think that we are the only athletes in the family, let me tell you about Carson's football game. His first game was yesterday. It was a beautiful day for watching middle school football. He played the first half mostly left guard and kick return. Then the second half he added left tackle to the positions he played. Yep, offensive and defensive lineman for the entire second half. No breaks, he was in for the entire time. He had some great blocks on offense and really busted through the defensive line. A couple of times he was right in the quarterbacks face causing some busted pass plays. He had two nice tackles that I saw and fortunately he was not on the bottom of the pile when all was said and done. His team went on to win 14-13. He has a bye next week (I think).

3 comments:

greg said...

You two are outragous. When does Carson play? I'd like to come watch.

jessica said...

I love that you did the ironman together! And you placed third! Now that is something to feel pretty amazing about.

I love to watch football as long as it isn't someone that I love being tackled...

Mindy said...

Congratulations on getting third place! That's so great! What a neat thing to do together as a couple. And I love the picture of you running. You look strong, and you would never guess that you struggled through that run. So Super Awesome!

My brother just got 5th place in his age group in a Labor Day Half Marathon. He wasn't trying to place, but once he found out that he missed a medal by two places, he was sort of bummed. He said, "Next time, I'll just run faster and get third place." I sure wish I had that confidence in myself.

Congratulations, again!